untitled (Bluewater Shore, interior with binding) copyright 2014 Douglas Stockdale
A little update on my Bluewater Shore artist book. After the really nice feedback from friends while at photo l.a. a couple of weeks ago, my plan was to proceed to the next generation of the maquette and have it ready for another round of informal reviews at LA Art Book Fair this coming weekend.
So now that I have finalized the selection of photographs and sequencing, I wanted to print a more accurate set of proof pages to replace my drafts. Since I am getting much closer to a final layout, I am ready to replace the paper clips with a little more permanent attachment of the photographs to the page. In my case, that just means I am using scotch tape, not PVA glue, because being a guy, I can still change my mind.
That’s not how this week actually went. First, I was trying to set up my 4800 printer for a special width for a revised exterior cover and the printer was not playing nice. Then I decided maybe I might need an updated software driver since it has been years that I had did any software upgrades as that might fix my problem. Wrong. Things went from bad to worse. The printer would not print anything now. And I worked on this fix for about two days, so I finally gave up and did a uninstall/install of the original Epson 4800 software. Bingo, late, late last night I was printing again. So I went on a printing marathon to print all of the interior photographs for the revised maquette. Done!
So today I swapped out the draft images for the final images and I am now be ready for a walk-about at the LA Art Book Fair this weekend. nice.
btw the above interior view of the maquette shows off my fine skills at manual tying off a pamphlet stitch for the sewn binding.
Leave a Reply